Pastor Appreciation Month Sundays this month of October
October is Pastor Appreciation Month and we want to take the next several Sundays to surprise Pastor Debbie!
· Sunday, October 7th: We will present Pastor Debbie with a bouquet of flowers and some chocolate.
· Sunday, October 14th: The children will make cards and a gift to present to Pastor Debbie.
· Sunday, October 21st: We will present Pastor Debbie with an umbrella full of Sonic gift cards (We ask that anyone who would like to purchase a Sonic gift card for her, to please drop it in the offering, come by the church office or drop it off at the Connect Center by Wednesday, October 17.)
· Sunday, October 28th: We will have a cupcake reception after the Sunday morning service to celebrate Pastor Debbie (This would be a great time to bring a card for Pastor Debbie and any type of seed you want to sow into her life.)
Life Groups Sign up for Life Groups today!
A new session of Life Groups has started and will run from September 9 until November 18. This is something your whole family will not want to miss! God has given the vision to our Pastor for our church, to help us grow and strengthen relationships within the church, as well as help new families and individuals get connected. Kids and youth will join their own Life Groups. Sign up for a Life Group at the Connect Center or online!
There are a few different tables to get involved in:
· General Discussion, discuss previous week service.
· Oasis (60+).
· Christians United for Israel (CUFI).
· “Getting a Grip on the Basics”: We get into the Word of God to discover the foundations of our faith and the spiritual laws God has established. Is a 12 week classe experience where you will receive a free workbook on your first class.
· “Getting a Grip on the Basics” Español: Profundizamos en la Palabra de Dios para descubrir los fundamentos de nuestra fe y las leyes espirituales que Dios ha establecido.
· Psalms 91, read and discussion of the Psalms 91 Protection book.
· Marriage & Family/Finances.
Stronger Men's Conference Friday, October 12 & Saturday, October 13th
Thank you for your interest in attending our Stronger Men's Conference. Tickets are Only $40 for adults and $20 for ages 13 thru College ($35 Current Early Bird Rate for adults and $15 for 13 - College) . This is a time you won't want to miss, it important to take time to build on you! This years guest speakers will be Pastor Scott Webb, Rev. David Webb and Host Dave Fowler. To reserve your seat, please click in the link below.
Denim & Pearls Luncheon Saturday, November 10, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Courtyard
Princesses and Queens, you are invited to a luncheon to celebrate your Princess Poweras a daughter of the most High God. We will be practicing some Princess etiquette and reveal some exciting news about coming Princess programs. Whether you are young or old, you will not want to miss this luncheon.
Alter Team Training Thursday, October 18, 7 p.m.—8:15 p.m., Liberty Room
Jesus said, “Lift up your eyes and look at the fields for they are already white for the harvest.” We are preparing for the harvest! If you would like to be a part of our Altar Worker Team or if you would like to learn how to share Jesus with someone, join our class. Please sign up at the Connect Center or online by Sunday Oct, 14, so we will have the proper amount of materials. Please use door B(1st door north of the Canopy Entrance).
Spectrum Youth Wednesday, October 17th, 7 p.m., TLC
We have a lot of new things we are introducing to how we do things at Spectrum youth! This Wednesday we would like to have everyone there! See you Wednesday night!
Marvelous Mondays October Mondays, 6:45 - 8:15 p.m., Garden Room
No more Mad Mondays but Marvelous Mondays! Whether you are a Miss, Mrs. or Ms., let's meet to make your life, marriage and family merrier and mightier. We will meet for Bible study at the Church for 4 consecutive weeks. Childcare will be provided. Make your move to be a part of these merry meetings by registering at the Connect Center or online. We will enter through door "I".
Diamonds Devotional Weekly Video
Be sure to check out Diamonds on Facebook or the LOTW app. Diamonds is a devotional for all, each week as Pastor Debbie brings insight from her Biblical character studies. The devotional series, Diamonds, was put on the heart of Pastor Debbie to bring encouragement and relatability to every individual, young and old, rough and soft. So stay posted each week as Pastor Debbie brings the lives of Biblical characters full circle with how to accurately address modern day issues.
Young Adults Every 1st & 3rd Monday, 7 p.m., TLC
Hey Young Adults, we are meeting every1st and 3rd Monday at 7 p.m. at The Life Center for Bible study and prayer. We look forward to see you there.
Men of Iron Every 2nd & 4th Monday, 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Men of Iron is designed for men to connect with men. Guys age 16 years and older get together the 2nd & 4th Monday of each month at 7 p.m., at The Life Center. Come enjoy the Word, FREE homemade pastries and play some basketball after the meeting.
See you there!
Jewels Praying Mommas 2nd & 4th Thursdays, 10 am
Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, AND FIGHT FOR YOUR BROTHERS, YOUR SONS, YOUR DAUGHTERS, YOUR WIVES, AND YOUR HOMES!”
Praying Mommas, join us every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 10 a.m. in the Garden Room to agree in prayer, plead the Blood of Jesus over our kids and see the salvation of the Lord in each precious life. Please enter through Children’s door “I.”
All Church Prayer Wednesdays 10 a.m. & Thursdays 7 p.m.
Join Pastor Debbie Varney and the rest of the Body of Christ at Light of the World, as we yield to the Word and the Spirit of God in prayer so that we can bring the heart of God to a lost and dying world and strength to His Body.
Light of the World Christian Center. Sign up for our awesome emails. Click Here
Phone » 785.271.1010 Address » 3301 SW Gage Blvd » Topeka, KS 66614
Reaching Topeka, Lawrence, Manhattan, Junction City, Holton, Kansas City and Shawnee County, KS